• Project #7: Heater Valve Replacement

    Following up from Project #6, I finally received the heater valve from Mini Mania and the correct part this time and was excited to get this project wrapped up. When I first approached the replacement, I thought I was in for some serious coolant spillage from my initial discovery into the heater unit. The next …

  • Project #6: Heater Cable Replacement

    So super easy and quick update this month for Basil.  The OE heater control cable was really looking pretty nasty and needed to be replaced.  Mind you that the original cable in the car worked fine, but was frayed and getting old.  The knob itself looked burned or just damaged by sunlight over the years. …

  • Project #5: Gonna Drop the Pressure

    Well, something so simple can yet at times be so frustrating.  For a long time I have searched for a special Nardi wheel to go into the Potato and since that legend is no more in my garage, I decided to carry this desire over to Basil….and it came out beautiful.  The hard part was …

  • Project #4: Fire Breathing Peanut

    It seem lately that most of the updates on Basil continue to be small niggly things or problems that need to be fixed, but I must say that he is running pretty good.  Today I installed the very common air filter upgrade, an open air element by K&N.  K&N describes this until as a HS4 …